What is new:Generate trade indicators charts (Login to WITS)
WITS Global Tariff Cuts and Trade Simulator
Featured:Trade Post (blog)
The World Integrated Trade Solution (WITS) is a software developed by the World Bank, in close collaboration and consultation with various International Organizations including United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), International Trade Center (ITC), United Nations Statistical Division (UNSD) and World Trade Organization (WTO).
WITS gives users’ access to major international merchandise trade, tariffs and non-tariff data compilations:
- The UN COMTRADE database maintained by the UNSD;
- Merchandise Trade exports and imports by detailed commodity and partner country
- The TRAINS maintained by the UNCTAD;
- Imports, Tariffs, Para-Tariffs & Non-Tariff Measures at national tariff level
- The IDB and CTS databases maintained by the WTO.
- MFN Applied, Preferential & Bound Tariffs at national tariff level
- The GPTAD database maintained by World Bank and the Center for International Business, Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College
- Preferential Trade Agreement
WITS is a free software. However, access to databases themselves can be fee-charging or limited , depending on your status.
WITS is a data consultation and extraction software with simulation capabilities. WITS allows users to access merchandise trade information for a country or a product quickly. It also allows users to form complex queries having multiple countries and country groups , products and product groups, for several years using standard product groups such as Harmonized System (HS) and Standard Industrial Trade Classification (SITC) or using derived nomenclatures like BEC, ISIC, GTAP, and MTN. Users can, use predefined standard product and country groups or create their own custom groups; they can obtain mapping between various product nomenclatures by using available concordance files; use the SMART and GSIM tools to simulate the effects of tariff cuts by single or multiple reporters; and calculate and visualize trade indicators like Revealed Comparative Advantage (RCA), Export Diversification, and Export specialization using the underlying trade data.
WITS system is a work in progress counting on feedbacks from users. Please send us your suggestions via email to email@example.com. Thank you.